Leigh Savage Banner

Leigh Savage Banner
Erotic Romance With A Bite...Leigh Savage

Monday, April 16, 2012

Interview & Contest with CHERIE DENIS


About Cherie Denis:  
 
I was born and raised in Los Angeles until I was a teen when my family moved to Spokane, WA. I met my husband when we were seniors in high school. We married when he was a Sophomore in college and remained in Spokane until our first daughter was born. When she was six mos old we moved to Milwaukee, WI. We had a second daughter two years after moving to Milwaukee.
We lived there until we couldn't stand the snow anymore and the girls were married. We moved to Nashville, TN where we've been for many years. After my father passed away in the late l990's my mom moved in with us and the three of us have settled into a quiet routine.
I can't remember a day when I haven't had at least one book in my hand. I received my very favorite Christmas gift the year I was nine. My parents gave me the full set of "Cherry Ames, Nurse". My parents were big readers and even though my mom  is nearly ninety, she still reads at least two books a day. 

 
INTERVIEW

1.    What inspired you to become a writer?

      I had finished reading an old Harlequin novel and told my mom if this person could write and be published,  I could probably write as well as this author. She said, "Then do it!". So I started writing.     

       2.   When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

I've wanted to write since I was a child. Some of the best grades I received in school were in English Lit. where we often had to write essays and short stories.

      3.  What genre(s) do you write? Why do you write the stories that you write?
  
      I started out writing 120,000 word contemporary by hand. In case you're interested it takes nine legal pads to handwrite a novel. I wrote six of those and then I entered a short story contest and realized I did much better if I kept my stories around 20,000 words. I write erotic romance, but have written an erotic murder mystery, an erotic vampire story, and an erotic caveman series.                                 
      I have a sweet fantasy being released soon. I wrote it for my grandchildren and their mothers because neither of our daughters will read my  books.   

      4.  Where did the inspiration for your inspiration come from?

      I had written a story about a Succubus and realized that one of the main character's needed his own story told. 

     5.  How long did it take you to put the story together?

 I never keep track of how long it takes to write a story, but this one practically wrote itself. I'd guess it took about a month working 2-3 hours a day.
  
      6.  Can you share a little about your novel with us?

 In book one: The Naughty Succubus, my hero, Rex, The Lord High Incubus goes into towns and posts   invitations to a party. At the party, Rex invites his guests to join his coven and become either a succubus or an incubus.
Despite self imposed rules, Rex discovers he has fallen in love with Carlotta (The Naughty Succubus). He lets Carlotta go on with her life as a succubus and promised himself he would forget her, but he isn't able to and sends months trying to find her.
  
      7.  Who is your favorite charter in your novel and why? 

My favorite character is Rex. He is strong, handsome and loving. He's beautiful on the outside and beautiful in a different way on the inside.
  
      8.  Now that your book is getting ready to hit the stores describe how you feel in one sentence?

 I can't describe the exhilaration I feel every time one of my books is released, but Lord High Incubus if the most delectable book yet.
  
      9.  What has surprised you the most about the whole processes of getting your book on the market?

What surprised me the most about getting a book on the market. is that there is a lot more than just writing involved. Once you finish writing you need to find a publisher which means sending out the manuscript and an intro letter - sometimes to more than one publishing house. Once accepted there are edits - sometimes as many as three edits. Picking an appropriate cover can be a little stressful, but worst of all is the waiting for the book to be released.   

      10.  Would you like to share what the reviewers are saying about your book?

 So far I haven't had any reviews - I'm anxiously waiting for them though.

       11.   How many books have you written?
  
 I’ve lost count, but it's somewhere around 20 and I have at least that many started so I won't forget what I want to write about when I get to them.
  
       12.  What are you working on next?

  Sorry, that’s a secret! But lets just say it will be even more titillating than the last! 

      13.  What do you like to do for fun when you’re not writing?

When I'm not writing I love to make jewelry and of course read, read, read.


14.  How can readers contact you?

My Blog URL is:  http://authorcheriedenis.com

 BLURB
 
How Rex missed Carlotta. He had no business falling in love with her, but he had, and letting her go had nearly broken his heart. From the day she earned her wings and left him, every kiss he had given a woman, every woman he fucked and sucked was not the woman on his mind. It was Carlotta who should be receiving the things he was doing.
He wondered if she ever thought of him. Did she miss him? Did she desire him? Where was she? Where he had left her? Could he find her?
When the meeting was over this night, Rex was going to send Teal out to find his beautiful Carlotta and bring her back to him. He could no longer wait for her, could not suffer in silence, while the woman of his dreams played with other, lesser incubi. She was his. She was his queen.


      15.  When does your book go on sale and where can we buy it?

Lord High Incubus was released on Monday April 9, 2012

Other Books by Cherie Denis  

Naughty Demon Series:
The Naughty Succubus
Lord High Incubus 

Caveman Love Series
Busy
Let 
Sin

Stand Alone:
The Golden Find
All the Time
 Cinnamon
 Help Me
  
       16.  Last but not least is there anything that you would like to add?

As one writer to another, I can only say never give up. Keep writing, find yourself a good editor and keep on submitting.
Thank you so much for letting me participate in this interview.

CONTEST:

Cherie Denis if offering a great contest all you have to do is answer the question below.

What is the name of Rex's personal minion? (Answer can be found in the blurb!)

Cherie will send the winner either a printed copy of the book or a CD (pdf) of the book, some chocolates and a handmade bracelet.

I'd like to take the time to Thank Cherie for offering this great contest and taking the time out of her busy schedule to be my guest on my blog. 

Please remember to leave your email address so we can contact the winner...Good Luck!!!

16 comments:

  1. What a great interview.
    I love your cover and going by your blurb, your book sounds very interesting.

    brenda_dyer212(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda:
      I loved the cover also. Can't wait for all to see the cover of book being released in May. It is so different.
      I took a chance and wrote a "sweet novella" I'm hoping it goes over well as I'd like to write a few more sweets for fun.
      Hope you get a chance to read one of my books they are all reasonably priced. Cherie

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm pleased you enjoyed my interview and hope someday you might have a chance to purchase one of my books. They are very reasonably priced.
      If "sweet romance" suits you more, I have a sweet coming out next month and if it goes over well, I'll be writing a few more.
      Have a great day. Cherie

      Delete
  3. Great interview!! This sounds like a fabulous read! :) By the way, the answer is Carlotta. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn: thank you for the kind words regarding the interview. I hope you do get a chance to purchase a few of my books. They are all reasonably priced. If you do read Lord High Incubus be sure to read The Naughty Succubus since it is Carlotta's story.
      I'm sorry but your guess was wrong. Better luck next time.
      Have a great day.
      Cherie

      Delete
  4. Excellent interview! Rex sent Teal out to look for her, so Teal must be his minion.
    Would love to win your book, Cherie!
    lornel@xplornet.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Lorraine. Would you believe Lorraine is our oldest daughter's middle name? Small world isn't it?
      I'm glad you're interested in reading my ook. I hope you take a chance to also read The Naughty Incubus since it is Carlotta's story.
      Good luck in the contest.
      Have a great day.
      Cherie

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your new release! Great interview! Rex's personal minion is Teal. I love the blurb of this book!
    Cherie, is there a reason that your daughters will not read your books, if you don't mind me asking? Is it because of the genre that you write in?
    Thank you for this great contest!
    trb0917 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tina: Our daughters are both grown women. The youngest loves my covers and blurbs, but won't read my books because they are erotica and she says it embarrasses her to know her own mother wrote it. The oldest daughter tells me almost the same thing. She has teenages and is afraid they might read them so neither woman is brave enough to read my books.
    I have a "sweet romance" coming out next month and am hoping the girls will let the kids read the book since it is dedicated to them.
    Thanks for asking Tina.
    PS: my mom won't read my books because she can't believe I write such filth (her words) and she wonders what's wrong with me that I write erotica.
    At least my friends and husband are proud of me.
    Thanks for asking.
    Cherie :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the response, Cheryl. I am sure they will love your "sweet romance" book. Maybe that will make them brave enough to try your other stories. :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you Tina - I'm hoping the sweet romance will also be the "fire starter" of my collection. I plan to do a few more sweets as time permits.
      My daughters/mom will never change, but husband is proud and amazingly, my therapist thinks I'm a fantastic writer. She thinks what I do is so cool.
      Enjoy your day. Hugs - Cherie :-)

      Delete
  7. What a great interview...I love to read that an author gets inspired by books. One book can inspire the world..It is lovely to read the interview and find out more about you Cherie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Savannah:
      I'm glad you enjoyed my interview.
      Books/reading are so important to every child and adult. It takes you to worlds you never knew exhisted.
      I hope you will have a chance one day to take a chance and read a couple of my books.
      All of them are very reasonable. I'd love to hear your feedback. Cherie

      Delete
  8. The answer must be Teal. Will need to add this to my TBR list so that I can find out if Teal finds Carlotta and if Rex and Carlotta get a happily ever after.

    Lynn
    lareynolds0316@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn: Be sure you read The Naughty Succubus. It is the story of Carlotta.
      I hope you win the contest.
      Good luck.
      Cherie

      Delete